Comparing Pimple Patches – COSRX, Peach Slices
Let me be 100% with you… I can’t believe I didn’t know about pimple patches sooner. They are complete lifesavers when you have a raging pimple mountain going on (or more than one).
I have reviewed Peach Slices’ Acne Spot Dots, COSRX Clear Fit Master Patch, and COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch. I’ve used all three sets of patches (thus, why there are open bags and missing patches) to give an honest review and comparison of them.
Let’s begin reviewing!!
Peach Slices Acne Spot Dots
I’ve heard of Peach Slices (made by Peach and Lily). However, I haven’t seen many reviews on their products. When I saw them at CVS, I decided to try them to see if they really worked.
What Acne Spot Dots claims to do:
These small, translucent and fast-acting acne patches actively absorb a developing blemish or an already-present pimple. The sticker-like hydrocolloid acts as a protective cover over the treated area to keep you from picking and quickly and effectively helps reduce inflammation so the blemish becomes visibly smaller in less than one day. The transparent, adhesive dots are non-drying (so no flaking!) and come in a variety of sizes that can be worn night or day with or without makeup. **
- 30 pieces on one sheet – 3 sizes (small (15 qty – 7 mm), medium (6 qty – 10 mm) and large (9 qty – 12 mm).
- A resealable bag so you can’t lose them.
- When it was a “ripe pimple” it removed the “stopper”/”cover” and cleared out my pimple.
- Price is $4.49 each (as of this review.
- You can pick it up at your local CVS. Bomb!
- I thought they were very noticeable when I was wearing them in public.
- They don’t blend into your skin and there is a slight height on it.
- I don’t think my pimples got smaller in less than one day as stated in their claims. I think it all depends on the stages, all I know is is that it didn’t go away at the beginning stage.
- If I wasn’t careful or had my acrylic nails on, I would fold over a side by accident.
COSRX Clear Fit Master Patch
What Clear Fit Master Patch claims:
This hydrocolloidal patch completely covers your inflamed pimple and protects the wound from dust and bacteria; at the same time, it sucks out all of the pus and excess liquid overnight. The next day, you’ll see noticeable results on the patch (yes, the white residue is pus!) and your previously inflamed pimple will have reduced in size! No more disgusting, hard-to-cover-up scabs and bumps to deal with for days on end—this transparent patch helps speed the healing of whiteheads, blackheads, and even cystic acne. Put a patch (or two) to work overnight and wake up to a better-skin morning! **
Petroleum Hydrocarbon Resin, Tetrakismethane, Antioxidant, Styrene Isoprene Styrene Block Copolymer, Cellulose Gum, Polyisobutylene, Mineral Oil, Polyurethane Film.
- Disappears on your skin.
- Easy to remove from the sheet and you are less likely to fold over the sides.
- Price is $5 for one pack. There are also options to get 3 packs on StyleKorean for $10 (as of this review).
- I forgot to take them off and they stayed on for 1.5 days.
- Resealable bag.
- Removed oil.
- Only 18 come on a sheet. Less than Spot Dots and Acne Pimple Master Patch.
- Only gives you one size (10mm).
- I didn’t see any change in the beginning stages of my pimples.
- Leaves sticky residue on my skin (washes off easy though).
Get it here on Beautytap
COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch
What the Acne Pimple Master Patch claims:
This hydrocolloidal patch helps suck out all the pus and liquid in an extracted pimple overnight while protecting the wound from dust and bacteria, so that the next day, all you’re left with is a flat red mark. No more disgusting, hard-to-cover-up scabs and bumps to deal with for days on end! This transparent patch helps speed the healing of whiteheads, blackheads, and even cystic pimples. Available in three different sizes for all your pimple needs (7mm, 10mm, and 12mm for those giant honkers), these patches work overnight for a much-better-skin-day morning! **
Cellulose gum, Styrene Isoprene Styrene Block Copolymer, Polysobutylene, Petroleum Resin, Polyurethane Film, Liquid Paraffin, Tetrakis Methane.
- You get 24 patches (10 qty – 7mm, 5 qty – 10 mm, 9 qty – 12 mm)
- $5 price for a single sheet and you can also buy a 4 pack for $13.53 (as of this review)
- It removed oils and scabs.
- Reusable bag.
- No water got through.
- I had a few patches that I folded over because of my nails… Not very acrylic friendly.
- Very noticeable on my face, I’m surprised my coworkers didn’t say anything.
- And not really a con but…the name is redundant. Why not just have Acne Master Patch or Pimple Master Patch? Just a thought.
I haven’t used any of these under makeup as it just makes me nervous. Also, I don’t think these are very color friendly. I think they work well for people who have a lighter skin. But, people of color may have some issues with noticeably. If anyone has tried them, let me know your thoughts.
All in all, I like using these patches on my acne and it’s an added step to try to get rid of these pimples. I think they’re more effective at the end stages of your pimple (when you see a white head on it) and after you pop it (of course, not recommended but let’s be real… We all pick and pop!) as it keeps everything from spreading out.
I wish I was able to put some salicylic acid underneath it but, I think the liquid wouldn’t allow the patch to stick. Shame.
I think my favorite is the Clear Fit. The other two are more noticeable when you wear them. One thing I do like about Peach Slices is that you get 30 (and with different sizes) and you can pick it up at your local CVS store. You don’t have to wait for Amazon or any K-Beauty online store to ship to you. Tell me your thoughts on these products or any other pimple patch you’ve used (K-Beauty or other brands).
Some links are affiliated to keep Beauty and the Snail up and running and for future content.