Review: British M – Organics Annatto Hair Oil
Good morning Queens,
Hair oil? What? Isn’t that counterintuitive? Don’t I want to get rid of oily hair? I can totally understand this thought process and as someone who deals with oily skin 24/7, I was skeptical. However, a few years ago I decided to give it a try.
Before I bought anything I wanted to research what the benefits are and if it was worth purchasing. Some points that I have found and that have worked for me are:
- It can help detangle wild and unruly hair.
- It’s a good heat protectant.
- Revive dry hair.
- Bring some shine on those locks.
- Help ease frizzy frizz.
- Can be a sealant to help damaged ends.
It’s recommended to apply it once a week but, normally I do after every shower. It’s only because of how dry my hair has become from various dye jobs over the years. When I apply the oil I start in the middle of my hair and move downwards making sure to target my ends. I don’t recommend applying it to your scalp as it will cause a grease overload and… Girl, that ain’t cute. Trust me, I’ve been there!
Recently, Soko Glam started advertising British M’s Organics Annatto Hair Oil and instantly I was intrigued. I’ve never heard of British M before and I actually thought it might be a British company, for obvious reasons. But, it turns out that it’s a Korean company and their brand name is an acronym – Brilliant Respectable Impressive Thoughtful Intelligent Stylish Honest / Men.
For Black Friday I was able to get my hands on it and here are my thoughts.
- Large glass bottle.
- Luxurious feel.
- Packaging is smart and cute.
- You don’t have to use too much oil. 1.5 to 2 pumps is all I need for my long hair.
- It’s lightweight and doesn’t weigh my hair down.
- It makes my hair feel soft.
- It has a nice light smell and I don’t think it is too overpowering.
- Glass bottle — easy to break and slightly heavy.
- Price is $67, quite pricey for hair oil.
- It would be a pain to travel with.
Yes, I would 100% repurchase it, but I would be more likely to buy during a sale. The price is just a wee too much for me to drop regularly. However, with the amount in the bottle, I think it’s going to last me for a while. Always a win!
If you don’t want to commit to $67, I would recommend as a starter the OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil ($7.99 Ulta). It’s actually one of my favorites and what got me started.
Have you guys tried it? What are your thoughts? Do you have a favorite hair oil?
Lots of Love,