Review: Etude House – Glow On Hydra Base
Everyone loves a hydrated base and I am one to agree. When I saw this product online, I thought, “My skin needs to try this!” So, of course, I needed to try it and review it for you ladies.
Etude House Product Description: “The moisture glowing base brightens skin with the natural glowing effect of soft light and moisturizing feel.”
How to use: “After finishing basic skincare and before applying makeup, apply an appropriate amount on the face in the direction of skin texture.”
Water,Glycerin,Methyl Gluceth-20,Dimethicone,Propanediol,1,2-Hexanediol,Undecane,Salvia Hispanica Seed Extract,Centella Asiatica Extract,Houttuynia Cordata Extract,Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer,Tromethamine,Tridecane,Fructooligosaccharides,Saccharide Hydrolysate,Pearl Extract,Synthetic Fluorphlogopite,Xanthan Gum,Titanium Dioxide (CI77891),Pullulan,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Phenyl Trimethicone,Mica (CI77019),Diamond Powder,Tourmaline,Ruby Powder,Amethyst Powder,Topaz,Butylene Glycol,Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid,Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI77510),Caesalpinia Sappan Bark Extract,Iron Oxides (CI77489),Tin Oxide,Tocopherol,Ethylhexylglycerin,Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil,Polysorbate 20,PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Hydrolyzed Corallina Officinalis,Yellow 6 Lake (CI15985)
Size: 1.01 fl oz / 30 ml
- Packaging, it’s adorable and it makes you want to use it. I think good packaging really intrigues me and I usually become the victim of brand marketing.
- The pastel pink cap, glass bottle, and the weight of it in your hand doesn’t feel cheap.
- Not much of a prominent smell, but there is a hint of something… My boyfriend and I weren’t able to put our finger on what it is. But, it won’t matter when you put your makeup on as the smell faded.
- A little bit goes a long way – 2 pumps can cover your whole face and then some. I had to use some on my neck because I had too much.
- Skin feels hydrated in the beginning.
- Good price point.
- Works with my oily skin.
- Takes a bit of space up in your makeup bag. I think for traveling you can find other smaller options.
- It makes your skin feel a bit tacky but once you use powder it’s fine.
Repurchase & Final Thoughts:
- Maybe. Honestly, I’m not sure. I don’t see why not but I think there are other hydra base options. I found 2 cons but overall the positives outrank the negatives. I definitely would recommend it to a friend though, especially someone who is new to Korean makeup/beauty.
- I would try it and see if it works for you. It seems like it would work for all skin types, even the oily skin types. Hello! That’s a win.
Let me know if you have tried this base and your thoughts on it. Would you recommend it? Did you find any cons or pros I missed? See you, Queens in the next post! xx