Review: Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask
Sleeping masks (also known as sleeping packs) — What are they? What do they do? Do I need to use one?
Well, no you don’t need to use one, but it keeps your skin hydrated while you sleep. The beauty about sleeping masks is that you don’t need to use them daily but once or twice a week, in place of your night cream. Also, you don’t need a lot and it absorbs quickly into your skin. The whole idea of sleeping masks is that your skin will look brighter, feel softer, and hydrated. Now, let’s put Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask to the test!
- The packaging is really cute. The watermelon on the front and the print throughout the inside of the box is adorable.
- The glass jar has curves around it to match your hands. I think it’s cool as it allows you an easier grip to open the jar. Also, the light pink is very pleasuring to the eye.
- The watermelon smell reminds me of products I used to use when I was younger. I can’t put my finger on it, but it gave me nostalgia.
- The amount that Glow Recipe gives you is a lot; I feel like it could last me a while to use up this jar.
- When I put a test amount on my hand, it was had a gel consistency. When you look at the jar it has a light pink tint, but when you use it on your skin it’s clear!
- I like that they give you a little spatula to apply the product, even though I never usually use them. It definitely is more hygienic to use the spatula instead of your fingers (unless you wash them before).
There are two ways to wear this sleeping mask (stated by Glow Recipe):
To use as a peeling sleeping mask
Apply 2 dime-size amounts to skin as the final step of the evening routine. For drier skin types, layer an additional dime-sized amount unto skin. Pat gently until absorbed. Wash thoroughly in the morning.
To use as a wash off mask
Use the spatula to scoop the face mask and spread a thick layer gently across the face from forehead to chin (avoiding direct contact with eye and lip areas). Rinse with lukewarm water after 10 mins.
I wanted to try both ways to wear this mask to see how each way affected my skin.
Sleeping Mask –
My skin definitely felt soft when I woke up. I washed it and I can tell a difference that it is a bit softer than normal and it does feel smooth. Im not sure if my skin seems “brighter”, but maybe after a couple of applications could change.
Wash Off Mask –
I applied a layer and it absorbed into my skin quickly. After washing it off after 10 mins I noticed that my skin felt soft. Nothing else significant happen.
Overall, I liked using it as a sleeping mask because it didn’t feel sticky or slimy when applying and I noticed smoother skin in the morning. The only “negative” thought I had was, lately I’ve been traveling a lot more and I found it a bit of an annoyance to travel with it. Of course, this is a low annoyance because it’s not very heavy and sits nicely at the bottom of your bag. All in all, I like this mask and would buy again!
4 out of 5 snails